• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping Survey - Final Results (1 Viewer)

blubird

(duplicate post, as survey includes both camera and adapters, as well as tripods, heads, etc.)
Greetings.

We have had 157 responses to the survey. I have "upgraded" the survey to include all responses (initial reports were based only on the first 100 responses). By clicking the link below, anyone who wishes can view the anonymous responses by selecting "Browse Responses", and individual responses to each question can be viewed by choosing "Show Replies". Not only that, but I believe anyone download and save the results in a variety of formats.

This survey was meant to be public, and I take no "ownership" of the data. Please respect the fact that surveys like this contain significant bias, and the results should not be used out of context. For instance, we surveyed a selected population, rather than a randomized group. The fact that one particular brand of scope was used more frequently, says little about how frequently the scope is used by birders in general, or about the superiority of the optics of that brand over another. We simple learn a bit about how popular certain brands are for the digiscopers who participated, and that may reflect more on the availability and quality of adapters than on anything else.

The results will only be available for 1 month because of the cost of maintaining SurveyMonkey membership. Let me know if you have problems viewing or downloading the data.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=j39Hi13F9pJHcjWNFC5pDHUjxyKtQxi76AlNWeeyo1g_3dLink:

--
Cheers,
Len Blumin, Mill Valley, California

Blubird, I know my questions may sound silly because I asked so late. I just found this forum yesterday and am asking now. Do you still have a copy of the results somewhere and any other format? Am very interested to know what transpired.

Thanks.

Digiscoping Survey

Blubird, I know my questions may sound silly because I asked so late. I just found this forum yesterday and am asking now. Do you still have a copy of the results somewhere and any other format? Am very interested to know what transpired.

Thanks.

Alphan-

I have posted copies of the Digiscoping Survey on the YahooGroups "Digiscopingbirds" website, under "Files". See "Digiscoping Survey 2010". I can send you files directly if you contact me directly.

Regards, Len Blumin

Thanks blubird for the guide to the report and thanks also for producing the report. It gave me a very good guide on what are populars to birders.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back