• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seemingly the bird of the moment.. (2 Viewers)

Cheers guys (and gals! ;)) Was wandering around hoping for a flyover Black Stork or Honey Buzzard (ha!) and then the 'neck appeared....but it didn't have the decency to drop down anywhere onto the 2 acres of grass I've mowed (by bloody hand as the sit-on tractor's buggered!) and dropped into next door's paddocks presumably, where I can't see!!
Not sure celebrate is the right term Tim.....went paintballing on Sat and had the pleasure of running the gauntlet of 20 of my so-called mates firing at me.....they celebrated....especially when I went arse-over-tit throught the tyres on the ground....doh! (they of course stopped firing as I struggled up...oh wait, no they didn't!) Wouldn't've done that 20yrs ago! ;) Who knows, might even paint something soon.....been fed up with the whole art world lately. Fed up of dispensing so much effort and energy for basically nothing in return....so need to find something that will actually pay me for my time now. Apparently now that I'm 40, I'm supposed to grow up.....? ;)

The Courser sketches are just sublime - it must have been quite an experience. Also, I think more birds should be illustrated in relative size to sheep :t:

Cheers Nick - officially old now.....in fact my back hasn't stopped aching all week ;)
Oivind - ha, you could be onto something there ;) Although I think the 'crests might be lost visually!

Holy crap - this thread took some finding again!!!! ;)
Well, I'm still here - and another year older in fact......
Just finished a frontispiece for the new Birds of Sussex book and thought I'd stick it on here to prove I am actually still doing something.....;)

Birds of Sussex frontispiece (Large).jpg

Cheers Ed,

Yeah it's a scene from Pagham Harbour and we get a regular BB every year so a bit of a nod to those in the know ;) And don't forget the Pale-bellied either....
Oh and just in case you think the big blank space on the right is weird....it's a double-page spread and that's where the 'Species Accounts' title is going :)

Cheers guys, but it's only going on the digital version!
They're gonna auction off the original....coz I'm nice like that! ;)

Something else....a commission (finished ages ago but only picked up today - client makes ME look organised, and that's saying something!! ;))
The 1st-summer male Red-foot that graced my local gravel pits September last year - what a stunner of a bird! Don't think the local dragonflies enjoyed his visit as much as we did though......

Redfoot (Large).jpg

My Bird of the Year

Absolute stunner - have wanted to see one for years. Made a short trip to Zwolle in Holland and there it was....in amongst an industrial estate next to a main road!! But, surroundings aside, the bird was a stonker and performed excellently in front of the gathered crowds, catching voles and eyeballing us all with haughty disdain. Marvellous! B :)

Hawk Owl - stunner!! (Large).jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back