• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seemingly the bird of the moment.. (1 Viewer)

Wonderful studies once again, Adam. They can be wonderfully accommodating (well they are at Beidaihe anyway) but I find cryptically plumaged birds like these so easy to over-do, so they end up looking nothing like the actual bird. You've kept the plumage detail to the essential minimum here so the character is not lost one little bit. A joy.

Russ

Great work, Adam! Getting that many poses of even a cooperative bird is still well beyond my comprehension at this point - yet more to strive for. I really agree about the 'plain' birds being anything but plain treated with the skill you've shown here.

Holy crap and all that...has it been so long..?!? Obviously it has....
Working on a couple of pieces from my South Africa trip - I LOVE hornbills, and finally seeing Southern Groundies (missed the other species, Abyssinian, on two occasions now...:C) spurred the old creative juices.
Also, I'm doing some work for Birds of Central Asia which is good as I love illustrative work...it's so different from a full-on piece, it's so meticulous and there's no background to worry about! Most of the illustrations are being ripped out of Birds of East Asia and I'm doing some of the missing birds - sadly, in this economis climate that's going to be the way with new fieldguides methinks - which isn't so bad as long as the original illustrations weren't crap to begin with!!

Birds of Central Asia Blue-capped Rock-Thrush.jpgBirds of Central Asia Chestnut & Tickell's Thrushes.jpgBirds of Central Asia Ring Ouzel ssp amicorum.jpg

:king: Hope you all have a Merry Xmas!! B :)

Birdyboybowley....Very impressive display of Natural History..curiously I found this thread a couple days ago,and went through it yesterday,enjoying a lot Your field work,and (very,)accomplished illustrations..Im very happy to have caught this thread in such good timing to finish the whole thing with this new entries...

These are just superb! Glad to see them here, as the probability of my needing that particular field guide is a bit unlikely.

Thought I'd best post something to make me look like I've been busy...so here's a special bird from my South Africa trip. The wind was gusting to 70mph that day - fun fun fun...but what a bird!!

cape rockjumper (Large).jpgcape rockjumper (2) (Large).jpgcape rockjumper (1) (Large).jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back