• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Memory cards (1 Viewer)

Freako

Looking to get a couple spare, you Guy's suggest brand, etc, also best place to order from. I have been searching the forum with no luck.Thanks, Mick:t:

Last edited:
Whilst we're on the subject, does anyone know of a source for decent 4Gb SD cards please (not SDHC as they aren't backwards compatible)? I've never seen one advertised so maybe they don't exist.

Thanks in advance.

Martin I would think 7day shop has those cards.

P.S. yes they do I have just checked starting from £4.99

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=6&type=6020&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=
Some time back, 7Dayshop.com delivery charges were very reasonable, and at times free. In recent times it increased to now being £3.95 per order, which seems quite high if the order value is low, but when buying a number of items at the generally low prices the overall cost can be very low and often cheaper than Play.com prices even with their free delivery. I have bought many items from 7Dayshop.com, incuding their "own name" parts, and they have all been good value.
The best advice is to look around before you buy - or ask on Birdforum, as this and many other thread starters have done!

Roger

Sandisk extreme three 4gb CF card for £17.99 (inc p&p), a bargain.

Did order one of these so thanks for the tip off, one question have Sandisk changed there labeling, this doesn't match my other cards, not worried its a copy as it came from Play but wonder if the european cards are different to UK ones?

Did order one of these so thanks for the tip off, one question have Sandisk changed there labeling, this doesn't match my other cards, not worried its a copy as it came from Play but wonder if the european cards are different to UK ones?
I have just ordered one of these today. The image on the Play website looks the same as the one on the SanDisk site. Does yours look like these?

http://www.sandisk.co.uk/Products/I...-902-SanDisk_Extreme_III_CompactFlash4GB.aspx

Ron

A warning about 7dayshop if your order goes missing in the post they will not give you a replacement for a Month and then it is a struggle.

Recent Sandisk Extreme III cards have been upgraded to a 30Mb/s transfer rate, with that change came a change in design of the card label and the little box they come in. They are still Extreme III but are faster. Lots of discussions on various forums. Play were recently charging 16.99 inc. Some people have reported issues with these cards and 40Ds but I've checked 1 of the 2 I recently bought and it's fine.

Picstop are doing the Sandisk Ex III 4GB for £17:99 plus post from Guernsey just bought 3 ; in 2001 I bought a 64MB independent CF card for £17:99!! times change!

In answer to my own question, Choice Stationary have 4Gb 133x SD cards for £12.99 inc. p&p. The speed isn't isn't too important to me as it's only for use as a back-up card in a PDA.

I can particularly recommend them for third party inks for Epson photo printers (apparently they are as close 'chemically' as they dare get to Epson) and for their service. Just for the record, I have no affiliation with the company.

My £17.99 SanDisk Extreme III 4GB CF card has just arrived from Play and it is indeed the new faster speed 30MB/s version. I see what Duke Leto means as the packaging is different from the illustrations on the SanDisk and Play sites. I think SanDisk haven't got round to updating the illustration yet and Play have simply taken the photo from their site. Anyway it all looks kosher so I trust it will work all right with my camera and it seems to be a bit of a bargain.

Ron

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back