• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many more times? Darn it!! (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
I went for a walk yesterday morning, and intending it to be a ' don't stop for anything walk', I left my bins and camera at home. I can see your smiles already. Fortunately there wasn't much in the early part of the walk, so I thought I'd got away with it.
However nearing the end of the wood I could hear a real cacophany of irate bird sounds. Experience told that there was a predator around, so, walking towards the racket, I found it was coming from a Sycamore.
There were Blackbirds and Chaffinches flying into and out of the tree giving something a right-royal rollicking. I got fairly close to it and scanned the floor for a cat: no cat. My next thought was Sparrowhawk or Owl. It didn't take too long to see, in a fork some ten feet from the ground, a Little Owl eyeing me. My first thought was, " You prat Raw."
I've said before, on several occasions, that I wouldn't walk without bins and camera in the future. Some idiots never learn.

Ok, you've had your laugh, stop it at once. LOL!!:C

Baz

Last edited:
Oh dear Baz.....as Wendy says we've all done.....in fact I did it yesterday....hubby home from his business trip unexpectedly early;a dark miserable late afternoon so just a quick stroll;......and what happens....the sun comes out and the autumn colours in the trees were just crying out to have their pics taken and where was the camera???? :-O

Still at least you got to see you Little Owl......and you never know,had you had your bins with you,you could have been using them looking in another direction and seen nowt!!;)

Maybe you didn't have your camera, but at least you had the pleasure of seeing the Little Owl.

Hi Baz,

Hahahaha...rd luck. P and L is all very well but you have to have your gear with you man!

Here you go, just for you.

Bill

Attachments

• DS little owl at Tubbs Bottom 1002 1.jpg
    DS little owl at Tubbs Bottom 1002 1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 23
Thanks very much Bill, just what I want to make me feel better. I don't think. LOL!! That's a good pic of an L O. I reckon the one I missed could be around that area again, and it being my preferred local walk, one never knows, I might get my own pic soon. But I won't hold my breath.

Baz.

Oh dear, Baz! Will you never learn!:-C You obviously were not a boy scout! There motto being 'be prepared'!;)

I am not laughing though...I would have been gutted!o:D

Good luck on your next walk ...with bins and camera of course! We want a pic of the Little Owl please.:t:

Oh! honestly Baz, I think Bill's behavior is outrageous! :'D:'D:'D

Attachments

• DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 17
hi Baz

Yes done that too. My OH tells me - always have the camera, and the bins on your trips out - casual walks included.

Love to see a Little Owl yet - mind you if their call is anything to go by they are quite noisy birds.

Love your pictures folks of the L.O.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back