• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod mounting of FZ150 plus teleconverter (1 Viewer)

graham bowers

I've has my FZ150 for about 3 weeks and am over the moon with it.

I have a Nikon TC E15ED teleconverter and the adaptor tube and step-down-ring are on the way. I want to understand the best way to mount the assembly on to a tripod as I'm concerned it'll be very front-heavy for the tripod point on the camera.

Is it OK to use the camrea tripod point or is it usual to use some sort of adaptor plate with a tripod point under the CG of the assemble please? If so, are these commercially available or is it a case of making something?

Any other tips for using the teleconverter are welcome.

Thanks
Graham

Thanks. I'd seen that.
I suspect I may be worrying unneccessarily as the Nikon and Panasonic's own teleconverter weigh about the same, and panasonic approve the use if the tropod mount with their own teleconverter - I emailed them.
Graham

The TC E15ED is a lot longer than most TCs so I'd be very careful. You could cut it in half if you like doing DIY. There's a couple of threads on DPreview which show how to do it.
Sean

I've just noticed that the FZ150 has the same thread on the barrel as previous FZs, as well as the thread on the lens itself. So if you just get an adapter like this one http://www.pemaraal.com/index.php?page=fz18ac
there's no need to worry about excess weight on the lens itself.

I've also just noticed that you weren't going to mount it onto the lens directly anyway! I guess I should read things properly...
Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back