• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snow Buntings & Eiders (Lowestoft) (1 Viewer)

cjay

This afternoon I ventured onto my patch just to get some fresh air really. I am off work again with my back again & needed to get out. I had a good look at the Snow Bunting flock today along the North beach & they are all 1st winter females. I have yet to look at the Kessingland Flock to see what they consist of but In the past I have rarley seen adult males.

Walking up to Ness Point I met my friend Reg who had walked from Hamilton dock. After the usual pleasantries we discussed our sightings & he reported that nothing had been seen from his end & that he was going up to see the Snow Buntings. I could have easily turned around & walked back from whence I came as it seemed that as he had not seen anything then neither would I.

However I decided to carry on to Hamilton dock & As I looked out to sea & flock of seven Widgeon & eider flew North together, Then I saw a Rock pipit around the Ness & in Hamilton Dock a really smart Drake Eider with a beautiful green hind neck & jet black crown. It was feeding on Shore Crabs & very close views were obtained.

Each & every visit to my local patch always brings something of note to my attention.

Here there are no "Sightings" boards or print outs telling me whats about, just good old hard work & alot more satisfaction.

I love it around here.

Colin J

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back