• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Out of the beaks of birds......... (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

Well you should be used by now to me anthropomorphising (yahoo, I got it right first time!) birds. Ah Johnny Morris, I used to so enjoy watching and listening to him.

Anyway, here's a rather poor scan from an old slide, I keep it because it always amuses me to look at it. Here's the question: What are they saying?

Bill.

" Go on, you roll it and I will make the Head and find a carrot for the nose, and 2 lumps of coal for the eyes!!"

Eve (on left): Go on, take a peck... just for me...
Adam (on right): What a rotten-looking apple! It's not exactly the Garden of Eden here, is it?
:D

Love from Chanteuse

And another one... faithful to my Disney image...

Wicked Stepmother (on left): Go on, take a peck, it won't poison you.
Snow White (on right): You know I'm on a low-fibre diet. Eat it yourself.
:eek!:

Love again - Chanteuse

there's a 3rd blue tit under the apple shouting in muffled voice -

"****!!! Mmmn ****** mm mnmmm mm ******** mmmmm!!!!!"

andy

First Blue Tit: "Honest, I tell you, I was just discussing the transmutation of matter with old Mr Newton, bent down for a quick worm and when I stood up again he'd turned into an apple!"

Second Blue Tit: " Do you understand the gravity of this discovery?"

Liebchen (o)<

I love your great imagination Liebchen, that really did give me a good laugh! :'D

Mine?

"Hows we supposed to get in to it, you'd have thought he'd at least have started it off for us - OI mister........give it a bite please!"

Long pause after apple hits the ground...the two just staring at each other...
and then from the one in the foreground...
"you were supposed to catch it"

bill moss said:
Hi folks,

Well you should be used by now to me anthropomorphising (yahoo, I got it right first time!) birds. Ah Johnny Morris, I used to so enjoy watching and listening to him.

Anyway, here's a rather poor scan from an old slide, I keep it because it always amuses me to look at it. Here's the question: What are they saying?

Bill.
"After you Claude."
"No, after you Cecil"
(Any other really old people on here remember these lines from tv in the days when there were only 2 channels?)

How Old!!!!

You mean the 2 drivers getting to a crossroad junction at the same time and being so very polite to each other, Rose? NO. CERTAINLY NOT!!! BBC & ITV only? NEVER!!! Don't even remember the days when there was only black & white TV, Dixon Of Dock Green, Black & White Minstrels - nowt like that at all!!!!!

I object to the term very old though and didn't even see that......coming!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back