• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (4 Viewers)

I love the way he's just materialising from the background and the beak is especially well rendered. It's a lovely portrait all round in fact.

Mike

Thankyou all.
Fulmar sketch. Didn't quite catch the jizz though
Not much inspiration and get up and go at the moment. Off for a walk round Cley and Salthouse tomorrow should be something to catch the eye.

Attachments

• Fulm.jpg
    Fulm.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 134
A quick sketch in the feild. Plus used the Pental water brush for the first time . Good fun and no water pot.

Attachments

• Mal1.jpg
    Mal1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 134
woo hoo, Arthur's got some blurred lines in there! I'm very proud! Very successful sketching that flies off the paper, great stuff.

Nice picture- interested to know what you used with the pen. I like the watercolour crayons myself- find you can get stronger bolder colours than with the pencils.

Thanks Nick and Wendy.
Just a little box set with 12 half pans Wendy
A lose acrylic 10" x 8"

Attachments

• Mal2.jpg
    Mal2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
lovely atmospheric work, great to see you experimenting with a looser style, really paid off here, very good.

Seems we're all at it! This is really nicely done, will we see it done as a large canvas? I think it would work well 'writ big'.

Mike

Thinking about it Mike.
Acrylic waiting for the bird to appear
Now to paint.

Attachments

• Nut1.jpg
    Nut1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Nut2.jpg
    Nut2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Grrr! Haven't even seen a barnie for a couple of months now. Nice work on capturing your one for me to look at.

Mike

Lovely day up here. took a walk along the East Bank.
Tried the water pen on the Grey lag

Attachments

• Mar h.jpg
    Mar h.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Greylag.jpg
    Greylag.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 129
Excellent result with the nuthatch Arthur. Super design (would make a smashing greetings card - have you thought about that?).
The harrier drawings are full of vitality - the lower left hand sketch is perfect - just right! I like the new technique, too - what's it again? Water brush?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back