• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Bunting - can anyone help? (1 Viewer)

I concur with everyone about the Skylark. I didn't initially see its bill very well on my LCD monitor. After a more thorough inspection I can see it's quite fine.

If you have problem negotiating tricky photo manipulation software save the file as a JPEG then go to Microsoft's basic Paint that comes with windows and click on Image and resize it there.

i just cannot figure it out why this bird looks like a shorlark for you? the stripes on it'sflanks, shape of it's head, supercilia (see also Harry's description) are all good id's of skylark...
Jozsef

creavey said:
Hello - I use Photoshop Elements too - what I do is simply resize the picture using the "resize" option under "image" (about 25cms width is fine), then "save as", and move the JPEG quality slider to number 3. Dont forget to save the picture under a different name though, this will mean that you retain the original, otherwise you will lose it....

Then post the new file....

I think that would work....

Cheers

Carl - tried it and got a half megabyte file down to 12 kilobytes - brilliant -thank you

Skylark. No argument.

Doug, you can always reduce the dimensions and the resolution manually before you save the file for web. (Under the "image" menu.)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back