• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mirrorless Camera Roundup on DP Review (1 Viewer)

NoSpringChicken

United Kingdom
The DP Review website has just posted their Mirrorless Camera Roundup 2011. I haven't had a good look at it yet but should help to explain what is out there and what the current choices are. I am sure I am not the only one who is a little confused by the rush of new mirrorless models which seem to arrive daily.

Ron

Personal opinion without having read the roundup yet: the only system with a decent number of lenses available today is the micro4/3. That still means a number of camera bodies available, obviously.

Niels

For sure, M4:3 by merit of having been around longer and having two different manufacturers making lenses in that mount, has the largest selection of lenses, with some overlap between the two brands. Samsung's NX and Sony NEX might still be considered 'decent' in number though, depending on the needs. They can't compete with DSLR lens selections (actually, neither can M4:3), but Sony is up to 8 lenses and Samsung at 10...both have roadmaps showing more on the way, and Sony has Tamron on board with one lens so far and Sigma with one prototype. So the lens selection isn't too bad on those. Nikon 1 and Ricoh are a bit farther back on lens selection, the Nikon being much newer. And of course, via adapters, the mirrorless systems can employ more lenses by far than any DSLR...if manual focus is acceptable.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back