• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummer question from Northern VA (1 Viewer)

dicklynch

Hello All,

Quick question about locations of this years hummers.

In years past we see hummers as early as the first part of April (put one feeder out the first of April)... think these guys may be on their way further north as they are only here for a day or two, refuel and then disappear, followed by a few more. By the end of April the birds who stay the summer are here.

This year we saw our first birds in mid April, now the end of May we do not have birds who seem to be here for this summer.

Anyone else having our problem?

Thanks

Ciao

Dick

Ruby-throated hummingbird numbers, distribution, and arrival phenology all perfectly normal here in northern New Jersey. Perhaps something has changed in the local environment for you.

Although mine arrived on time, I am not seeing a whole lot of action from them yet this spring,.

I am in Franklin Va and noticed a couple hummers in April then they disappeared only to return in full force 3 weeks ago. I now have a swarm of at least 20-30 here everyday feeding on my 6 feeders. I'm having to fill my feeders every day or 2 now. so just give it time keep your feeders clean and full and they should start showing up :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back