• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye Pioece For Pentax PF-65ED (1 Viewer)

Tero...the Vixen Zoom gives you a nice 16-48X...that is a great magnification range...double of a standard(whatever that is)binocular and from 48 to 60,although there is a kick..is not that much...is very bright at 16X,about 4mm exit pupil...keep in mind that a 32X grants you a 2mm exit pupil(you know that better than me,what am talking about...?)...the Pentax zoom is made to give 20-60X,the PF that is,is not a bad eyepiece,but the eyerelief HURTS!and is expensive..i bet the vixen lanthanum 20mm,would be a good fixed eyepiece too..probably cheaper than pentax glass,also the baader hyperyon line,(not the zoom)...check astromart(WWW>)fopr astronomy eyepieces if you decide toi go with the pentax...is a beauty!...

OK, thanks. I need to OK this with the "boss", though I am a big boy now. But there was talk of cameras our family supposedly needs. Optics is optics and guys are supposed to be happy with any. ;)

Some more complications. I wanted to buy the scope and eye piece from the same place, in case I like neither. Best price is to buy from 2 places, I have good deal on the body.

Thanks, Frank.

I think I'm going to get an Orion Stratus 30x as well. I assume that works without any hassles too?

V.

Yes, I was referring to the 13mm (although I also ordered the 21mm - that gives .

I was looking at the Baader Hyperions but I read somewhere that they dont reach focus with the 65mm scope, so I ended up going with the Orions instead. Unless there is a significant difference in view, I think I'll probably use the zoom more often anyway.

Cheers,
Vandit

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back