• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, I'm *genesis! (1 Viewer)

*genesis!

Hi I'm genesis. I found this Group by accident. I was looking for pictures on baby doves & came across a post by; Shawns122 - "Help for a baby dove."

So trying to help Shawn out - I'm also hoping you can help me out, by sending me a picture of what a baby dove looks like. Thank you,

*genesis!

Hi *genesis!,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators a warm welcome to Bird Forum :t:

Attached is a photo of a very young Collared Dove which looks very similar to a Mourning Dove. Once fledged, young doves look pretty much the same as adult doves.

Attachments

• P4052465bo.JPG
    P4052465bo.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 86
Hi genesis and a warm welcome to you :t:

Although Ian's photo is probably younger than I have seen, our Mourning doves will have quite a bit of white streaking on their face if that's any help.

Thank you! :)

IanF said:
Hi *genesis!,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators a warm welcome to Bird Forum :t:

Attached is a photo of a very young Collared Dove which looks very similar to a Mourning Dove. Once fledged, young doves look pretty much the same as adult doves.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Awesome picture of the baby Dove!

Now, is there any way you could show me a picture of a baby sparrow?

You see, I found this baby bird on my porch, and I am not quite to sure if he is abanned by his parents or not.

He does look a lot like a Wren, but his beek looks to be much bigger than, that of a Wrens beek. I was told he could be a Sparrow, because of the way he hides himself behind my bike. I was told that Sarrows are known to do things like that, by a rehabilitator that specializes in taking care of wild baby birds & other wild animals.

But a picture of a baby Sparrow would help me out alot.

Thanks again, for the quick reply!

*genesis!

Last edited:
KCFoggin said:
Hi genesis and a warm welcome to you :t:

Although Ian's photo is probably younger than I have seen, our Mourning doves will have quite a bit of white streaking on their face if that's any help.

Thank you KC! :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back