• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DigitalRev or Kerso (1 Viewer)

I'm a firm believer in go with what you know, up to now I have been very happy with my purchases, when my big lens fund is complete I imagine at that point I'll have to think carefully about where to spend my money unless I find a nearly new 600/f4 Nikon on ebay for £1000 lol
Steve

By way of example comparrison on the popular Canon 400mm f5.6

Digitalrev.com £636 (incl VAT at 17.5 and postage)
Kerso £739 (incl postage)
Warehouse Express £835 (ex postage)

Nigel G said:
By way of example comparrison on the popular Canon 400mm f5.6

Digitalrev.com £636 (incl VAT at 17.5 and postage)
Kerso £739 (incl postage)
Warehouse Express £835 (ex postage)

If you contact Kerso directly (rather than going through ebay) he'll give a much better price than this.

postcardcv said:
If you contact Kerso directly (rather than going through ebay) he'll give a much better price than this.

I can confirm this

I have just received my EF300 2.8L IS today from Kerso

Price £2500 + £25 Royal Mail Special Delivery

Highly recommended :t:

Regards Bish

Payment options?

Many thanks to all of you for the excellent feed back you have provided. After a few emails, I am now close to making a purchase through Ian Kerso.

I am now undecided as to the best payment method, visa or bankers cheque. I have heard that paying by visa offers extra security, but there is a 1% cost when paying this way. A bankers cheque would cost only time and a stamp.

A bit personal this and i hope you don't mind me asking, but if you have dealt with Ian, how did you pay and has there been any concerns.

Thanks,

DaveB

DaveB said:
Many thanks to all of you for the excellent feed back you have provided. After a few emails, I am now close to making a purchase through Ian Kerso.

I am now undecided as to the best payment method, visa or bankers cheque. I have heard that paying by visa offers extra security, but there is a 1% cost when paying this way. A bankers cheque would cost only time and a stamp.

A bit personal this and i hope you don't mind me asking, but if you have dealt with Ian, how did you pay and has there been any concerns.

Thanks,

DaveB

Hello Dave

I purchased from Ian through ebay using paypal & bought the 300 2.8 IS direct using cheque or you can use bank transfer

You have no worries about dealing with Ian, I have bought 100-400mm, 100m Macro, 2 x Extender & 300 2.8 IS all from him

Regards Bish :t:

postcardcv said:

I would like to add another YES vote for Kerso. Ian is a pleasure to do business with and his communications from beginning to end of transaction are most reassuring. I would certainly use him again.

Stuart

Just to put my oar in - I was delighted with the serive I received from Digital-Rev. Lens arrived quickly and Digital-Rev refunded the import tax immediately. Would highly recommend.

Chris

Thanks to everyone who helped with this and I thought I would give you a bit of feedback from my purchase with kerso!

The order was for the 300 f2.8 prime (with 3 year warranty), two converters (x1.4 and x2) and P&P. Received the goods in extra quick time and was over the moon with how kerso met my requirements (loads of emails).

One thing I will say to any future purchasers is to make sure the figures and order contents are correct.

I presumed I was paying £2550 for the lens (others have paid £2500) for the extra 3 years warranty. I confirmed the above package on three seperate emails, but did not get the 3 year extended warranty. The invoice said that the cost for the lens was £2500 and the invoice not fully completed. I asked about the £50 and it looks as though that i have simply been charged £2550 for the lens.

Despite this, I would still purchase from kerso again and I am more than pleased with the set up. Have tried it out on a couple of occasions (just can't seem to get away from work) and can hand hold it with either of the converters (with no problem). Still a bit aukward to carry about when your used to a 100x400.

Looking for a good camera now. Currently have a 350d and am waiting for the 400d's successor to come out.

Thanks again.

Blue tit was with the x1.4, hand held
Woodpigeon was with the x2, tripod
Both in poor light

Attachments

• BlueTit@EtherleyMoor_140307.jpg
    BlueTit@EtherleyMoor_140307.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Woodpigeon4@EtherleyMoor_150307.jpg
    Woodpigeon4@EtherleyMoor_150307.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
DaveB said:
Thanks to everyone who helped with this and I thought I would give you a bit of feedback from my purchase with kerso!

The order was for the 300 f2.8 prime (with 3 year warranty), two converters (x1.4 and x2) and P&P. Received the goods in extra quick time and was over the moon with how kerso met my requirements (loads of emails).

Thanks again.

Can you tell us what's in the EF 300 f2.8L IS package as received.
I assume there's some sort of case or is it a trunk? Lens strap? lens hood? front and rear caps, instructions? I bought my non IS version about a year ago, and I'm wondering how the latest IS version compares.

Many thanks, and good shooting.

Malcolm Stewart said:
Can you tell us what's in the EF 300 f2.8L IS package as received.
I assume there's some sort of case or is it a trunk? Lens strap? lens hood? front and rear caps, instructions? I bought my non IS version about a year ago, and I'm wondering how the latest IS version compares.

Many thanks, and good shooting.
all you said and its a trunk a very well made heavy trunk too.
mines in the roof.
Rob.

All contact was made via email. No problems other than the confusion over the extended warranty / extra £50. If I was to order through Kerso again, I would make sure that he actually confirmed the order (written in full).

I ended up paying by cheque. Simply got a cheque made out to kerso, walked down to the Abbey National with his details and paid over the counter. Made sure I got a receipt though!

DaveB

DaveB said:
All contact was made via email. No problems other than the confusion over the extended warranty / extra £50. If I was to order through Kerso again, I would make sure that he actually confirmed the order (written in full).

I ended up paying by cheque. Simply got a cheque made out to kerso, walked down to the Abbey National with his details and paid over the counter. Made sure I got a receipt though!

DaveB
I have bought three lenses off of Ian - must admit I never knew he did extended warranties.

Roy C said:
I have bought three lenses off of Ian - must admit I never knew he did extended warranties.

This was one of the questions I asked during our email conversations and was told that it was available for the 300 prime. I then went on to repeat / confirm the order at least twice before committing.

Not too bothered about being charged the extra £50. Just thought I would mention it for the benefit of others who wish to buy off Ian.

DaveB

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back