• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fish Crow or American Crow? (1 Viewer)

lvn600

This guy wasn't talking much but it was solitary and seemed a little different.-Could it be a fish crow?-thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 175
The smaller bill seems good for Fish Crow, but I hate to call it either way without voice to go along with it.

I agree, very difficult from this but the more silky feathers and small(ish) bill make it a possible Fish Crow contender. The call is really needed for positive id.

With nothing to compare it to (size-wise) in the photo, it's really difficult to say. I usually guess by size (Fish = smaller) and verify by voice.

I got a litle bit of call that sounded like a fish crow.-I've heard that young American Crows can sound a little like a fish crow as well.-

You'd see the pink in the bill and the blue in the eyes on a Juvie American Crow - this guy's an adult. From all that's been said so far, I'll say Fish Crow.

Alex-You're only like 18 years old and you seem like you've been birding for 20.-What kind of vitamins do you take-?-I need to get some of those.

lvn600 said:
Alex-You're only like 18 years old and you seem like you've been birding for 20.-What kind of vitamins do you take-?-I need to get some of those.

Hahaha, I guess I just learn quickly, Larry. My vitamins are merely a few daily doses from the pros on this site, supplemented with Sibley's finest tips and as much actual birding as I can fit in!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back