• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird question (1 Viewer)

Karl_Cubs

Yesterday I found a baby bird. My wife and I tried to find the next, but it was way up in the tree. We ended up leaving put the bird in our garage over night. it ate a bit of bread and played in the water. this morning, i open the garage and the bird walked out. we thought it would just try to find its mother or whatever. well a couple of hourse later i find it and another baby bird, which is very very tiny and the orignal bird we found and the nest. so, i put the nest back in the tree and the birds back in it. well both birds jumped out, even the tiny one. so now i have them in a cardboard box??

any ideas what to do?? I thought i heard the mother this morning, but when i was watching the first bird we had leave, the mother didn't even come near it. im stumped. i tried to feed the little one, but nothing yet. any help would be good. thanks!!

Hi Karl and Welcome to birdforum from all the Moderators and Admin. Staff.
My suggestion is that you leave well alone, the parent birds will be around somewhere and will take care of them.

so you think i should put them back out??

i have them in my garage now, i just thought it was a bit cool to have them in the open..

small bird died, but the other one is alive and doing well. i tried to feed him, but he doesn't seem to want to eat. he will drink a little bit of sugar water but thats about it. ive been keeping him in my garage at night, but during the day i let him roam around the yard. i dont know if the mother is feeding him or what. he can't fly at all, but he seems to hop. any ideas what else i could do?? He seems to be doing fine, i tell you, he craps alot, so he must be getting fed by something. i leave bread out and stuff, but he doesn't touch it. should i let him sit out a night or what. ive been keeping him in our garage, because the last few nights it stormed like crazy, but now its suppose to be clear with a low of 55F.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back