• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hide / Clamps mounts (1 Viewer)

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
Having just picked up cheap a 2nd hand scope I'm looking for a reasonable method of fixing it it various locations. As I still want to photograph wildlife I was looking for a clamp that would be useful in hides and possible as an attachment on my Mk1 Benbo.
Questions, are clamp hides generally approved or are they seen as something that could damage shelves / window frames over a long period of time?
Would it be better to buy a new tripod set up (esp one that is lighter) that may offer the necessary options?
Been scouring the internet and I see that Opticron do a hide clamp but it doesn't look as though it mounts on poles well. They do a clamp that is designed to fix to poles but it appears not to have an extension which may restrict its usefulness.
I suppose what I would really like is a method of fixing a mount to a window frame, that mates with a Manfrotto head so I can use my QR plates to swap between scope and camera.
I am only using a D200 plus 300/4 and either a 1.4 or 2 x conv so weight is not a big concern.
The scope is an Opticron MM (must add that it appears unused and came with a zoom eyepiece and cover for a very reasonable fee), I needed something small and light as the photographic gear is already taking its toll.
Help appreciated
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back