• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quality of photos uploaded to Surfbirds galleries (1 Viewer)

Ghostly Vision

Hi all,

Ref the above, I find that a perfectly good picture, when uploaded to a Surfbirds gallery, looks soft and flat.

Am I doing something wrong? I do the same as I've always done, but the odd pic I put on there looks rubbish.

Compare the picture below - the exact same file as uploaded just to SB, with the scarce birds UK gallery.

Maybe I'm just being thick?

All the best

Sean

Post script - it looks crap on here too! Looks much sharper on my laptop when I open the photo from the source file. Why is this, can anyone help?

Attachments

• waxwing2-wychbold-011212.jpg
    waxwing2-wychbold-011212.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
What is the original file size?

The attachment above is only 47KB which is quite a low resolution jpeg, the site allows jpegs to be a maximum of 493KB.

If you are re-sizing the images then try to chose a higher quality setting which will discard less data, and hence detail. HTH

Thanks both. I thought Surfbirds only allowed pics up to 100kb, which is why I reduced it so much. It used to be 50kb!

See attached higher res version - miles better!!!

Sean

Attachments

• waxwing2-wychbold-011212v2.jpg
    waxwing2-wychbold-011212v2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back