• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Laser Printers for Photos? (1 Viewer)

Roger P

Tried to buy an ink cartridge for an old lexmark printer that gets used for odds and s***s. Independent shop owner suggested I buy a new printer - I expected that and almost agree, however ... it was suggested that we ought to buy a colour laser printer especially if we wanted to produce high quality photographic prints. I don't remember seeing reviews of laser printers in photo mags; anybody got any comments?

I do have a Canon Pixma which I use for photos, its a couple of years old but apart from expense of inks I have no real quarrel with it yet!

The shop owner should be shot. Even if you pay a fortune for a laser printer it still won't produce the quality of a good Epson or Canon photo printer. Laser printers are designed for speed and bulk they make sense in a business environment but not at home unless you just want a document printer.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back