• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TD-1 at Bird Fair? (1 Viewer)

John Cantelo

Apparently the Kowa Prominar TD-1, 3mp, 1350 mm zoom
Kowa Prominar (first announced in March last year) should be on sale in Japan in July. The cost is said to be 210,000 YEN (approx. $2,000). It has a 10x - 30x zoom coupled to a 1/2.5" 3.14 megapixel CCD and a TTL optical viewfinder. It is 15.4 in long and weighs 5.1 lb). Details at the dpreview web site - which is dubious about the instrument - and the Kowa homepage. Will it be available at the Bird Fair?

to be honest i see little point in kowa taking it (if it exists ?) apart from 'curiosity' value
it does not fit into the current market place ,well not at that price anyway and does not offer anything that current (and cheaper !) setups do not (imho)

discuss !

gripper said:
to be honest i see little point in kowa taking it (if it exists ?) apart from 'curiosity' value
it does not fit into the current market place ,well not at that price anyway and does not offer anything that current (and cheaper !) setups do not (imho)

discuss !

It definitely exists.

I'm sure like all new technology it'll come down in price soon as the other optical companies make their own versions (if it's successful).

I don't digiscope-one of the reasons is I can't be bothered with all the bits and pieces. This would be worth me looking at if it was half the price and a bit lighter!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back