• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikkor 300mm f4 IF-ED (1 Viewer)

idbnarra

I have recently bought a Nikkor 300mm F4 IF-ED. This is the non AF-S version.
I am having trouble working out the focus limiter. I can get it to limit the lens to close range but cannot seem to limit it to long range when I am only working at distance. Can anyone advise me on the procedure for this?

The focus limiter switch on my AF-S lenses have 2 positions
Full will search from minimum to infinity, the other limits the search from whatever is quoted on your lens ( I have either 5m or 6m on mine depends which one) to infinity. The latter is the one for longer range searching but don't forget to switch back if something is close by !
cheers Dave

Last edited:
Thanks. I have tried this again and it is now doing what I expected. I don't think I was turning it far enough to the right to notice the difference.
I will also be using this lens with a teleconverter does this affect the distances marked on the lens or would the lens still focus at the same distance with or without the convertor? E.g. if I limit the lens to 50 feet to infintiy then add the teleconverter would it still be limited from 50 feet to infintiy?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back