• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From the sketchbook... (1 Viewer)

Merging of blogs BLOGBIRDER/A BIRDER'S STUDIO

Just a notice to say that after careful consideration I have decided that running two blogs directly related to birding seperately is not so practicle. Having recently been informed that adjoining two blogs is possible I have decided to merge A Birders Studio with my other blog, Blogbirder(http://blogbirder.blogspot.com/)

All past posts are now on view at Blogbirder and from today I will post all artwork to that blog...

Good move (I think) Al. Will you just drop artwork into the blog (as with the b-t diver and nuthatch) or will you consider an 'art' page to the blog? Great photos, btw.

Good move (I think) Al. Will you just drop artwork into the blog (as with the b-t diver and nuthatch) or will you consider an 'art' page to the blog? Great photos, btw.

For the moment will just drop them in as they are done, I think they will be better placed alongside the photos and text with regard to helping the viewer understand my artwork in relation to what's going on at any given time,
ie; the season, what birds are about, what I am seeing at the time, weather conditions etc.
Had considered a page for archiving the artwork posts, though in the end I decided the separation of the artwork from the photos and narrative within Blogbirder in any way was what I am trying to get away from. In the future I will post photographs, text and artwork within one post should they all be part of the same days observation. Hopefully this will translate my experience more completely...
On the down side moving all the links from the art blog is going to take ages;)

A lifer today, and what a bird it was. Stone Curlew.

Good views had, though only the head and shoulders were on show after the sketchbook was produced...

A very happy boy on this end...

Attachments

• Sketch 1.jpg
    Sketch 1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Sketch 2.jpg
    Sketch 2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Sketch 3.jpg
    Sketch 3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 53
A lifer today, and what a bird it was. Stone Curlew.

Good views had, though only the head and shoulders were on show after the sketchbook was produced...

A very happy boy on this end...

what joy- and an example of how birding context adds power to a drawing

Oh well done mate - on the bird, and the drawings - tipperty topperty. I'm wondering a bit about these stone curlews at the mo - wasn't there one in Barnsley this week, too??? = Range expansion, anyone?

Early May was very good to me, after Stone Curlew came another lifer in the form of Marsh Sandpiper. This has been at the top of my wishlist for some time now and it did not dissapoint. To top it all I now have a breeding pair at a regular birding site of mine just 25 minutes from home, so there will be more from these elegant, leggy waders soon no doubt. Also added a Garganey sketch I rather like, the view through the scope in technicolour was brilliant...

Attachments

• Sketch Marsh Sandpiper details.jpg
    Sketch Marsh Sandpiper details.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Sketch Marsh Sandpiper.jpg
    Sketch Marsh Sandpiper.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Sketch Garganey.jpg
    Sketch Garganey.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 63
Damn near perfect sketchwork Alan. The first for information, the second for attitude and the last is a painting waiting to be done.

Mike

Utterly fabulous! - Now, can we encourage a painting with this garganey and the breeding marsh sands wading around in the currently vacant space on the drake sketch? . . . please???

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back