• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Fair (1 Viewer)

Alf King

Does anyone know if the recent weather problems are threatening this year's Bird Fair?

Parking has always been entirely on nearby fields and I wondered if these might have been compromised by the rain. News on their web site refers only to changes to the fair layout and nothing about parking.

In the hope of avoiding the clever comments public transport isn't an option as far as I am concerned.

Haven't been before, but if the car park is to be on the fields below Lax Hill I think there may be a problem. I walked across them on Saturday and even 4x4s would have struggled due to the water.

Hopefully the weather may have improved by the time the fair is held. Do they have a site for camper vans or caravans near to the bird fair does anyone know.

There always was dedicated parking for RV's, caravans, campers etc in the past but ALL of this was on grass, understandably, and I fear that without adequate parking the event might be a wash-out. I hope that I'm wrong in this respect.

There is already a request in the latest 'Birdwatch' magazine to check the official website in case the weather forces a cancellation. They must have grounds for such a comment already, bearing in mind magazine probably went to press before last weekend...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back