• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meadowlarks? Moraga, ca. October (1 Viewer)

wdc

United States
On a bird walk this morning, I was unable identify these birds. They were in a small flock, roughly dove sized, that landed in a cow wallow. I apologize for the hideous quality of the pictures. They were out of reach of my 8x42 binoculars, and at the limit of my zoom. I am thinking they might be Western Meadowlarks, which have been seen in this area. The primary feature I can identify is the striping on the head, as well as the fairly 'busy' feather patterns, which ruled out the dove/pigeon spectrum, as well as Starlings, which I'd seen and heard earlier on the hike.

Thanks.

Bill

Attachments

• Mulholland.1.jpg
    Mulholland.1.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 29
  • mulholland.2.jpg
    mulholland.2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 27
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back