• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information needed on Qinling Mountains, China (2 Viewers)

tjbirder999

Information needed on Qinling Mountains, near Xi'an, China

In a few weeks I will be visiting Xi'an for a week with my family and i am hoping to have a few days birding while we are there. I particularly want to visit the Qinling Mountains, but it seems that it is quite difficult to arrange. What makes it especially difficult is that it appears some of the trip reports are now out of date, because the government has closed access to some of the Panda viewing areas. This makes it hard to know which websites offer reliable information.
Does anyone have any suggestions for sites around Xian that I can visit? I would prefer a place that can be visited without a tour company, but, if necessary, I am prepared to use a company and would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back