• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Delta del Ebro Natural Park (South) (Tarragona, Spain) (1 Viewer)

arodris

You can see a complete report of my birding day, including pictures, maps, and the complete list of species, on my blog

Last weekend we moved to the second most important wet area in Spain. The Delta del Ebro Natural Park is huge, and difficult to visit in a single journey. For this reason, we moved only in the area located south to the Ebro River (Hemidelta Sur). We visited the Encanyissada and Tancada lacoons, the Trabucador area, Riet Vell and the area located near Alfacada, from which you can see Buda island. Obviously, we stopped in several intermediate points as needed. You can see a complete report of my birding day, including pictures, maps, and the complete list of species, on my blog

The first pictures that I show in my blog were taken in Riet Vell. When we arrived there were lots of birds, with ruffs, common snipes, two spoonbills, purples swamphens, stilts and avocets. However, the most interesing was still awaiting. An immense flock of godwits arrived flying to our observatory, where we could enjoy with their movements.

In Encanyissada and Tancada lacoons birds were somehow far and photography was difficult. However, we saw great white egrets, red-crested pochards, flamingos, coots, and in the Sant Antoni marshes some caspian terns and an osprey.

In the Trabucador sandbar, we saw some lesser black-backed gulls, sandwich terns, sanderlings and some gannets in the sea.

In summary, a complete day, with more than 50 species seen, with some so interesting as glossy ibis, ospreys or godwits. Below you can see the complete list of species.

You can see a complete report of my birding day, including pictures, maps, and the complete list of species, on my blog

am here now...

spoonbills gone! but got some goodies over the last three days including moustached and aquatic warbler! aquatic first for the autumn and me ever! little bittern el clot.

5 marsh sandpipers tonight at riet vell.

awesome place.....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back