• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barn Owls in South Wales or SouthWest England (1 Viewer)

fionacule

Hi everyone,

Being relatively new to birdwatching (bought first scope today, to be delivered on Friday in time for the weekend - can't contain excitement!) I wonder if anyone could let me know a good spot where you are likely to see a barn owl in the South Wales/South West regions?

Even better, if you _are_ a barn owl, let me know where you frequent!

Fiona

Last edited:
Hi Fiona,

Barn Owls are not uncommonly seen in Glamorgan but you need to be lucky! I regularly visit an area in Gwent that has perhaps four pairs in as many square miles but only see one about six times a year!

The Llanelli wetland centre is likely to be a good bet for them, as is the 'top end' of the Cors Caron bog, Tregaron; both places will give you plenty of birds to study with your new 'scope and perhaps give you a 'lifer' or two.

Cheers,

Andy.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back