• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Posting items to USA and PayPal ? (1 Viewer)

tuftyhill

I am selling my Nikon 600mm lens (advertised on various sites - including BF) and I have had a guy from USA interested. He has asked if I have a PayPal account (which I've just set up)
What I would like to know is, has anyone had any experience in sending goods overseas, and if so, which would be the best courier company to use to send the lens to the USA. What other advice could you give me ?
Also, how safe is the PayPal method of payment ?
Are there any other methods that I should consider ?
I will be grateful for any advice whatsoever regarding the above questions.

Cheers.

Can't help on the courier service but you can trust paypal, even more re-assuring these days as it's got a u.k. dedicated site.

Hi Tufty,

Just bought a prog from the USA using PayPal - no problem, they are a long-established web payment company.

I sent some gear which I had designed and built to Tasmania. Expensive but 100pc reliable. They made sure the Customs info was correct before accepting the package, so you shouldn't go wrong. Just make sure the insurance covers the value before you despatch, just in case!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back