Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 30th April 2003, 19:44   #1
rb_stern
Richard stern

Local patch

Hi,

Just to give people an idea of what I see here in semi-rural surroundings in the Annapolis Valley, I spent an hour yesterday evening around a local reedy pond. There were Red-winged blackbirds singing, 3 Gr.yellowlegs on a sandbar, a few Tree swallows, a M.Gadwall on the pond, and several Blue-winged teal flew over. This morning in a local wooded area were 4 or 5 N.Flickers, 2 Downy woodpeckers, Bl-capped Chickadees, a Red-br. Nuthatch, a Wilson's snipe, Am. Robins, 2 or 3 singing Yellow-rumped Warblers (finally!), a bright singing Swamp sparrow, and Black ducks and Mallards flying by. Song sparrows are out in full force. Crows and Ravens are pairing up and nesting. Tried out my new Coolpix-4500 - so far so good - hope to post some pics soon.

Cheers,
RR#1 Port Williams
NS, Canada

sternrichard@gmail.com

BF Supporter 2005 2006 2012 2013 2014 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 30th April 2003, 20:45   #2
peter hayes

Hi Richard

We can only dream of seeing most of those birds! Lovely to get a flavour of what you get up to over there, and we look forward to seeing your pix in time.

Old Wednesday 30th April 2003, 23:22   #3
Common2412

Nova Scotia...... I've always had a yen to go there. I went to Maine once and thought it was great and fancied going further north up the eastern seaboard. Keep posting your trips. I'd love to hear more.

Cheers

Steve
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: