• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

greetings from edmonton alberta (1 Viewer)

bob parsons

My name is Bob Parsons and I am very glad to join your group! past pres. bird club and keen birder and butterfly enthusiast. Great Grays and N. Hawk Owls are moving out of our area, Gulls just starting to show up as well the honkers! All lakes are still frozen, thinking of moving to warmer climates down south. Hope this right forum for me---finding my way around!!

Hi Bob,

And welcome to Bird Forum. That sounds like a nice place you live, even if it is a bit cold. I'm sure those Great Gray and Hawk Owls warm the heart at least.

Hey. Bob! Edmonton Naturalists? I edited the newsletter for awhile, back in the late 70s (early 80s?). I think we got a couple of other Edmontonians aboard too, so you`ll have someone to confirm your unbelievable sub-zero, chill-factor tales.

Welcome and looking forward to your posts.

One of my favorite area books is a field guide on Alberta, I have it at home. Bought it a t a camp ground. On our trip out there, I saw my first Magpies for quite a while. You have quite a variety of landscape within a short distance.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back