• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First visit to WWT Barnes (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth Bigg

Addicted member
I'm sure our "list" is pretty tame by most people's standards, so I won't waste space putting it here! :eek!: However we were rather pleased with this photograph - the cormorant stayed in this pose for a long time, and also contorted itself into strange positions whilst preening.

Attachments

• cormorant444.jpg
    cormorant444.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 113
Good action shot Elizabeth - everytime I see a Cormorant it is fishing and when I try and take a shot it dives underwater for what seems like an eternity!

That's a lot better than I could manage!
What 'scope & camera are you using?
I think you should post your list anyway, you enjoyed seeing the birds so what does it matter? ;)

SimonC said:
That's a lot better than I could manage!
What 'scope & camera are you using?
I think you should post your list anyway, you enjoyed seeing the birds so what does it matter? ;)

OK - since you insist!!!

wigeon
cormorant
Swan
moorhen
mallard
barnacle goose
red breasted goose
long tailed duck
wren (not seen - heard several times)

feral pigeon
robin
coot
Canada goose
heron
Pair of great crested grebes building a nest
cormorant
tufted duck
rook
curlew
ruddy duck

Brimstone butterfly

Malcolm is the photographer at the moment, we have a Coolpix 4500, and a Swarovski ATS80 HD. I'll post a photo of the nest building grebes in the Gallery - it was fascinating watching them struggling with long pieces of nesting material!

Elizabeth,

Sounds and looks like you both had a good day out.
I'm a member of the WWT...but have yet to visit anywhere other than Welney...should really spread my wings!

Dave.

I walked round the car park of Barnes at 16:15 approx and got a couple of Rose-ringed Parakeets. Could not get in anyway as last admission was 16:00 and I had just come from Fairlop.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back