• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My weekend at Tinicum (1 Viewer)

Nezvanova

monkapotamus
My husband and I spent a very happy weekend birding at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum (near the Philadelphia airport). The weather was gorgeous and here's what we saw in no particular order:

Canada goose
Mallard
Red-winged Blackbird (the place was swarming with 'em!)
Ring-billed Gull
Great Black-backed Gull (a lifer for me!)
Great Blue Heron
American Robin
Wood Duck (another lifer!)
Red-breasted Merganser (lifer!)
Common Merganser (lifer!)
Mourning Dove (one of the very few birds I can accurately identify by voice)
American Coot
Dark-eyed Junco (slate-colored but with white wingbars! and a lifer!)
Baltimore Oriole
Common Snipe (lifer!)

We're new to birding as you can probably tell but we had a great time. Added lots of new names to my list. :)

Amy

Hi Amy,let me echo IanF's welcome on another Thread and I'm sure you'll enjoy this great site.
the advantage of being a new birder means 'lifers' come thick and fast!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back