• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Crows in Holland (1 Viewer)

Andyt

Can somebody confirm that House Crows are in category C of the Dutch list please.

Where can they be seen ?

Thanks

Andyt said:
Can somebody confirm that House Crows are in category C of the Dutch list please.

Where can they be seen ?

Thanks

Don't know if thier status as there are only about 20 or so birds

I went recently to see them - see trip report - but only got brief views, but they will come to bread / chips etc.

http://www.hows.org.uk/inter/birds/euro/euro.htm

They can be seen in the area of the Railway station at the hook of holland ferryport. and along the waterfront to the fish restaurant. Let me know if you want exact direction's maps etc. or any further info.

Mark

There is no Category C on the Dutch list.
They are on the list, as they are assumed to have reached Hoek van Holland in the same way they reached many major ports: by ship, on their own account.
The address "Schelpweg 66" (erroneously known by birders as "Duinweg 66") in Hoek van Holland (www.kaart.nl, type in postal code 3151 VJ) used to be a regular breeding spot, and is probably the best place to try in spring – I saw them there two years ago when I last tried.

That's great ! Many thanks for the info, guys.

I didn't realise there were no categories on the Dutch list !

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back