• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (10 Viewers)

Anyone been birdwatching around Yeadon recently? I went for a walk at Yeadon Tarn two nights in a row and both times I saw a small group of either Bewicks or Whooper Swans. Because of it being dark.. I couldn't tell which of the two it was.
Which were they most likely to be? Anyone else seen them?

Anyone been birdwatching around Yeadon recently? I went for a walk at Yeadon Tarn two nights in a row and both times I saw a small group of either Bewicks or Whooper Swans. Because of it being dark.. I couldn't tell which of the two it was.
Which were they most likely to be? Anyone else seen them?
Whooper Swan is starting to arrive so is the best bet. Bewick's Swan is much rarer in Yorks and usually turn up mid winter.

Birdnet had that as a probable adult Sabs Gull!!!

Wonder if they are close together on a drop down menu?

Told the info started on Birdguides. RBA will give out the source of info. Does Birdguides? Nothing in Tophill Low NR log on the bird. If anyone has or can get any info, would be grateful.
Pity it wasn't seen this evening as Autumnwatch did the gull roost due to lack of birds at Spurn PtB :). No sign of the Jack Snipe either.

Has anyone got any info on the red breasted goose at scaling dam? I've heard its a juvenile but is it an escapee?

They've got them at Harewood which is closer than Scaling Dam, and they are just as tickable;).
Post 119 in the thread Jim flagged up says it all, probably little chance of the bird getting its passport stamped.

didn't see it Jim, only watched the scoreline alter on a newspaper feed...

there's a ps

Been giving it great guns reading old BB articles online HERE you'll need to register

Last edited:
Saw my first definite redwings of the autumn this morning, possibly a couple yesterday but they were a bit high up and fast moving. Not a lot else though.

Well done the Rhino's, absolute belter of a game. Get in.

Saw my first definite redwings of the autumn this morning, possibly a couple yesterday but they were a bit high up and fast moving. Not a lot else though.

Well done the Rhino's, absolute belter of a game. Get in.

Also saw a flock this morning on the way out of Hudds near Ainley top roundabout.

Jack Snipe showing again today from the Bittern Hide on Old Moor ... Spotshank also present on Wath Ings along with 11 dunlin, 2 ruff, 5 green sandpipers, 3 ringed plovers and 2 blackwits .... Little stint and 2 grey plovers on Edderthorpe Flash ...

Long term forecast on Countryfile looked like things were picking up from Friday onwards - high moving over Scandi with the odd front passing over the North Sea, though long term forecasts are normally twaddle so who knows...

Yeah, still a long way off, magicseaweed and passageweather showing nothing promising for next weekend, fingers crossed though.

The storms due on thursday could be interesting elsewhere in the country, look as though they are coming straight up from the azores could make south western seawatching interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back