• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds trapped inside stores like Walmart, etc. (1 Viewer)

birdguy53

I am an avid birder. Back in 2009 after reading about a hawk that was trapped inside a Washington DC building I set about to invent a way to rescue birds trapped indoors. I've since created such a trap and it is much more effective and humane than any trap ever created before.

I've learned a lot along the way. Some of the main things are,

Wild birds will stress out in metal cages. They will try to escape and bloody their faces doing so.

Big box stores like Walmart hire outside pest control firms to come in and shoot the birds after hours.

The most important things for an indoor trap are: make it humane, make it delicate no touch, make it easy to release the bird.

I have donated traps to bird rescue. They have rescued many birds from inside stores. I am just at a complete loss on how to get the stores to take notice. That there is an alternative - a humane and effective alternative - to shooting and killing birds trapped indoors. Any ideas?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back