• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gx80/85 (1 Viewer)

scotview

Hi,
I have just ordered the GX80, £279 after £200 cashback, just caught the last day of the offer. Incredible price.

I have been using the Panasonic G7 and am pleased with that camera but it doesn't have IBIS.

Since I sometimes use a 400mm f4.5(800mm equivalent) old Canon FD, non-stabilised, manual lens for 4K video recording, the GX80 will effectively provide stabilisation for this legacy lens and other FD lenses in my collection.

A demo on youtube of GX80 stabilisation with non-stabilised, legacy lenses is very impressive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIIV71UicJA&t=98s

Improved DFD focus with my Pana 100-300mm M43 lens should also be an improvement. The GH5 is way outwith my budget.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back