• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to quickly find bird in spotting scope (1 Viewer)

Get used to finding patterns in your environment. If your scope is off, well that's ok, you are looking at the weirdly slightly-pale-lightish-brown rock that's only a few metres below the bird. Now see the bush that the bird was sitting on but without a bird on it? Oh...

Reminds me of some classic directions !
"you see the patch of yellow flowers ?" in a field of cowslips
"you see the white bit of cloud ?" on a typical summer cloudy day
"do you see the gap in the tree shaped like a dragon's head ?"

That red-dot thingamy looks great - if only my 'scope had a picattinny rail !

Actually my Swarovski 'scope does have a tiny sighting device and I should give it a try out.

Reminds me of some classic directions !
"you see the patch of yellow flowers ?" in a field of cowslips
"you see the white bit of cloud ?" on a typical summer cloudy day
"do you see the gap in the tree shaped like a dragon's head ?"

That red-dot thingamy looks great - if only my 'scope had a picattinny rail !

Actually my Swarovski 'scope does have a tiny sighting device and I should give it a try out.

'It's in the tree with the green leaves on it' was once used as we looked for a bird in a Thai forest!

A

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back