• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

do any laptop monitors calibrate well for printing? (1 Viewer)

Fuzz

I'm searching for a new computer with enough horsepower for Photoshop. I currently use an old Windows XP laptop and wasn't even considering a laptop for image editing but it seems some people do use them. Some laptops have 17" monitors; would that be the only size to consider? I've been looking at the new 20" Apple iMac's and thought that might be a good choice but a usable laptop would be handy for me in some situations. Would love to find out make and model and even specs if anyone is happy with their setup. Thanks!

Fuzz

I do know that 17" LCD monitors for desktop machines that have 1280 resolution make text and other components (dialog boxes, icons, etc) look really small. So, in a way I think you might be better off with a 15" laptop monitor that uses 1024 resolution. On the other hand, for just image manipulation, I suppose it doesn't matter too much what the text size is.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back