• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Converter? (1 Viewer)

shropshirelad63

I have Canon eos slr camera and a 300mm lens (sigma) is there any way i can increase the focal length? i,m a bit dissapointed with 300mm especially trying to photagraph birds at distance.

What's the aperture number when it's wide open on the sigma lens?this will largely determine whether or not a converter can be used.

Steve.

Now it depends on which Canon body you have. If you stick a 1.4 TC on that lens it becomes an f8 and will only auto focus with a Canon 1D series, 5D3 or 7D2.
You can still use manual focus though which is OK for static subjects.

Most answers are readily available if you "google" the questions too.

don't think that sigma do a 300mm f5.6 prime so i will assume this lens is actually a zoom that goes out to 300mm in which case ANY t.c is a big no no .
there are plenty of sigma lenses that exceed that length and will give better i.q i.e 120-400 ,150-500,50-500 all available second hand or the brand new 150-600 series .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back