• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke goes Flat Field (1 Viewer)

Oh boy. The physical characteristics are strikingly similar to the Zen Ray Prime HD pics we saw from September. The only major differences I noted were in the weight, magnification and field of view. The Prime was an 8x with a 426 foot field of view and a 28 oz weight. This one (yes, I know there is a 10x too) is an 8.5x with a 389 foot field of view and a 30z mass weight.

Hi Frank

Hawkes listed specs aren't always that reliable so I think only when some-one actually has one of these will it truely be known but I think its a good development.

I still like my 2 Hawke very much and no plans to replace them. Can't actually imagine anything really being that much better but its seems that these should be.

Clive,

Don't get me wrong. I have owned two Hawke bins and thought they were very good for the price. The similarities though, externally and with the pics, between the Panorama ED and the ZR Prime HD are quite obvious. The exterior armoring around the central hinge is different as is the look of the focusing knob/diopter. Many of the other features though are quite similar.

Attachments

• Binoculars_PanoramaED.jpg
    Binoculars_PanoramaED.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 130
  • untitled (640x480).jpg
    untitled (640x480).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back