• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elements 10 vs NX2? (1 Viewer)

Jaff

Registered Member
My choices for new editing software would probs either be Elements 10 as I'd be most familiar with the layout of that but would that be able to accommodate the latest version of ACR to convert D4 RAWs or NX2 which I've seen some conflicting reports about for editing.

Anything anyone can suggest would be great but I'm not spending (as in cannot!) CS5 money on this. Around the £100 mark is the target and I want just one software to do the whole lot rather than converting in one and then opening in another. Oh I should add I've seen LR3 for £99 so that comes into play too.

Cheers. B :)

I thought the latest elements would always be able to accommodate the latest ACR (and usually the next 1-2 versions)?

Niels

Ah it's ok I've found the relevant bit on Adobe's website that I couldn't find before, I could only find in the readme of the latest ACR download mention of CS5 and Elements 9 but with no mention of Elements 10 which is what confused me. It seems 10 has its on unique version of ACR to download.

Although I see Elements 10 Premiere is supposed to have as one of it's features better performance when used with a Windows 7 64bit machine like mine but why can I see Elements 10 and Elements 10 Premiere bundled together as a package at various places? Do you need Elements 10 to run Elements Premiere or something?

Just had a coupon for about 70% off posted.Dont quite understand what alledged,purported,advertised...what ever the heck upgrades is,is. Have upwards of 5k negs & chromes that have hardly been scanned yet.Tired of upgrading,reconfiguring,cussing,and generally not being so productive in endeavors that created this mess here in the first place.If a scanner monkey/organizer is included in elements 10, I'll bite.Should be some sales on it shortly that drop it to around $40.If that little scanner monkey/organizer is additional,then no thanks here.

Jaff
amazon uk are doing elements 10 for £34 at moment. As far as I'm aware premiere elements is purely for video editing and you dont need it at all for stills.

Jaff,

I've recently tried the 30 day trial (full version) from Adobe and downloaded the latest ACR plug-in from their site, don't know how it handles Nikon raws but does OK with Canon. I found the Organiser part of it a shambles though and am trying to find out if there is a custom install feature with it so I can install only the Editing part.

As above it's a good price on Amazon at the moment.

I use Adobe Bridge for initial viewing and sorting of my RAW files then Elements 10 (via ACR) to carry out the editing. Most of the adjustments are actually done in ACR (cropping levels, sharpening etc.) Works well for me and I bought Elements 10 on offer from Amazon

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back