• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightroom 4 (1 Viewer)

Des!

Hi Guys!

I'm looking at the chance to get LR4 - but I have 1 question (at the moment).

Would I need anything else inaddition to LR4 to turn my digital pics into hard copies of my photo's? - If so what?

Cheers! in advance of help! :t:

Des

no LR does "it all"

- you can print and (publish) from LR4 as well as (non destructive) editing of your original images

Adobe has quite a few free tutorials on their site

(note - LR4 is getting quite a lot of "bad press" because for many users it is slower than LR3 as well as using more resources)

Last edited:
Software wise no. Folk on here will rave about a particular RAW converter or noise reduction program that they use in addition to Lightroom, but unless you plan on creating montage images or using Photoshop trickery to remove extraneous brambles then Lightroom is all you need.

You will of course need a printer!

You will of course need a printer! - But what if I don't want to print myself but want to get say "Boots" etc to print them?

Hi Des

You just save the image file to a memory card or some other form of memory device and take it in..., i don't know what files they can detect, certainly Jpeg but im not too sure about Tiff and im 100% sure they can't use raw files.

Ryan

All high street photo printers will want Jpegs and with sRGB colour. You will be able to find online printers that will take wider colorspaces such as AdobeRGB, but they will still what Jpegs. With the rise of megapixels very few folk take the trad CMYK Tiffs of days gone by.

THANKS!

Thanks for your thoughts & suggestions!

I will keep an eye on the adobeforums.

Cheers! B :)

Des

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back