• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

whiskered auklets (1 Viewer)

dcw

Hello all I was wondering if Adak or Dutch Harbor would be best for Whiskered Auklet? Does anyone have any contact info on getting a boat in either city? Also is anyone else going this year with whom I may join on cost share basis? Thanks Dave.

yes I checked ebird. there is a tour this year going to Adak for around 1400usd for this and other birds. I have also found a boat captain to take birders out in dutch harbor. now its a matter of finding someone else going.

My wife and I will be in Alaska in June with our own packed schedule. Adak sounds like a fantastically remote and exciting place for birding. For that reason, I may never make it there. I'd like to hear about your trip.
We have relatives in Lafayette we visit on a regular basis. Are you anywhere close?

Steve

I would actually much rather go to dutch harbor as its cheaper and closer to get to. but I will not be going to either if I cannot find anyone else going to share expenses with. I live in ft wayne roughly 3 hrs east of your ralatives near the ohio/Michigan border.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back