• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mobile Phone Digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Andrew

wibble wibble
Has anyone got any experience of trying to take pictures of a bird through the scope with one of the new breed of mobile phones fitted with a camera?

I have a CP4500 but do not always take it with me when I want to travel light, if there was a rare bird and I needed a record shot, would a camera phone held over the eyepiece of the scope do?

I don't digi-scope but just tried daughters motorola v300 through the scope on a flower on the lounge sill.Took a perfectly acceptable record shot but it was fiddly lining the phone lens up to the scope.I don't know how to post pictures to the site so can't show the result.A very interesting concept though.
Tom.

If you want to add the pic to this thread Tom, just click "Go Advanced", and then scroll down to the red "Manage Attachments" text.

Click there and follow the instructions. You should be OK as long as the File Type and File Size are system compliant.

If you need anything else do post back, and someone will answer you before long.

:t:

I understand how difficult performing a mobilephonectomy on one's daughter can be!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back