• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Viking tripod carriers (1 Viewer)

SteveClifton

A friend of mine is keen to find out if anybody has had any build problems with the viking scope carrier. He bought a carrier from the RSPB shop in Jan this year. The plastic buckle wore though and snapped within approximately 4 weeks. This was replaced by the shop, but the same fault occured with a similar period. At this point the RSPB started to get a bit funny, stating that they had never had any problems with the product. My friend also contacted Viking who stated that they had never had any problems either. In fairness to Viking and the RSPB, the product was replaced. Unfortunately this carrier showed fraying on the main stitching within weeks. This time although the RSPB gave my friend his money back, they made comments that he had not been using the product correctly. My friend has subsequently used the Cley spey mulepack without any problem. He thinks this product is better built and designed.. Has anybody had similar experiences?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back