• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brimstones (1 Viewer)

cjay

A visit to the Yare Valley Norfolk (UK) today produced a Brimstone Butterfly at Caxton, Roackland St Mary & Surlingham. At the latter site two were present along the lane to Coldham Hall.

Cj

That's great, I love seeing early or out of season butterflies. I saw one in my garden today briefly as I cut the grass and all I could see was it had black and red markings.

The Brimstones in MK have been knocking about for about a week, (i saw my first on my patch on Sun 16th of march). Lovely looking butterflies that they are, my little boy was over the moon to see a bright yellow one come so close to him.

Brimstones - 17th was the first date for me in the Cotswold Hills (SW England for overseas readers).

Colin

Several Brimstones at East Wretham Heath, Norfolk last Monday (17th). Also today at High Lodge Thetford Forest.

Ian.

Funny that Norfolk is so rich in this species but in Suffolk, well coastal Suffolk they are very rare.

CJ

Could this be a coastal thing, as opposed to Norfolk / Suffolk ? I must say I haven't yet seen one in Yarmouth, only further inland.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back