• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

then yesterday it...... (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

In fact we got just a sprinkle overnight Sunday but that was all so I managed my shopping yesterday morning with no problem. It did look very threatening though and there was a cold breeze. The light was rotten but on the way I did manage this as the sun at least tried to break through; no chance.

Later in the morning and for much of the afternoon it snowed 'properly'. I'd hoped to get some garden birdy shots but a combination of bad light and closed windows kept me down to these 3, one wagtail and a couple of Blackbirds. The close-up is (I think) the chap who comes and stands on the window when it's open; this time it wasn't so he got as close as possible on a little Willow outside the window.

Bill

Attachments

• DS sunup before the snow 020209 .jpg
    DS sunup before the snow 020209 .jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DS pied wagtail m in snow on grass 020209 .jpg
    DS pied wagtail m in snow on grass 020209 .jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DS blackbird m on wall in snow 020209 .jpg
    DS blackbird m on wall in snow 020209 .jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DS blackbird m on willow in snow 020209 .jpg
    DS blackbird m on willow in snow 020209 .jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 20
Nice one of the sun there, Bill. It's looking a bit like that here right now and it has just started to snow again. My two Pied Wagtails seem to have been feeding all day long, every time I look out front, they are there.

Nice ones Bill. Blackie has got a look in his eye. 'There's that bloke pointing that long thing at me again. Wish he'd get that window open so I can get these old feathers aired a bit.'

Very good pics Bill, I especially like the Pied Wagtail. I don't understand why I see them scampering across the road nearby but never in my garden.

I have a pair of Blackbirds who are getting along well but the snow has brought more back so there's a lot of chasing going on.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back