• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Binocular Warranty? (1 Viewer)

abs56

In your opinion which manufactures offer the best warranties on their bins in terms of coverage, responsiveness, and turn around?

I currently have a set of Swarovski 8X30 SLC's and the company has been great. Reasonably quick turn around, no problems, and great service. They have even updated parts on them as models have changed. Is there anyone that compares? I have seen that some other companies have "no fault" warranties or the like. This is great idea if you get them back in a reasonable time.

I am looking for any thoughts or experiences with companies?

Why I am asking?
(I am looking at another pair of bins (8X to 10X and under $1000) for wife and need good backing from the company. They will be used day in day out in the field doing bird work. So they will see bushwhacking, heat, rain and anything else possible.)

No body beats Swarovski's service, but I've also had perfectly fine experiences with Leica, Zeiss, Nikon, Bushnell, and Eagle Optics. In my experience (in the USA) they are all very generous about treating problems under warranty.

Using rugged binos will reduce or may even eliminate the need for service. I'd vote for Swarovski, Zeiss and Leica as holding up best both functionally and cosmetically with hard use. These three also have an excellent track record for being able to service (stocking parts for) older models if service over the long term is also of concern to you.

--AP

No body beats Swarovski's service, but I've also had perfectly fine experiences with Leica, Zeiss, Nikon, Bushnell, and Eagle Optics. In my experience (in the USA) they are all very generous about treating problems under warranty.

Using rugged binos will reduce or may even eliminate the need for service. I'd vote for Swarovski, Zeiss and Leica as holding up best both functionally and cosmetically with hard use. These three also have an excellent track record for being able to service (stocking parts for) older models if service over the long term is also of concern to you.

--AP

Yea got to love the Swarovski warranty! And the people there too.

Swar and Leica are starting to move a bit high in price now days. At my top end would be a Swarovski 8X32 slc, but I would prefer a bit less $$. Also would like to get her a pair of 10's so I can steal them on occasion. ;)

Thinking of possibly Nikon or Vortex (which appears to actually be eagle optics?)

Anyone else got experiences?

I never saw any complaints about Nikon's warranty service. I think the binoculars are covered for 25 years and the warranty is transferable.

I think the Nikon 8 x 32 LX L can still be found for under $900.00. I have one. They're tough! The LX L is definitely an "Alpha" binocular and belongs right up there with the big three and they cost a couple of hundred bucks less than them.
Cordially,
Bob

Last edited:
I second Swarovski but want to add two I don't see here.

Leupold has a basic no questions lifetime warranty on their Gold Ring optics. And the newcomer Vortex has a similar no questions VIP warranty that like Leupold is conferred upon whomever owns the bins at the time.

--Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back