• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Busy Day! (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
:hi: From 6am this morning, till 7pm. As you can see i started to feed the tribe early, 1st on the scene blackie, with 6 young,- followed by starlings, my wife told me that she counted 22 young over a 1 hour period. House sparrow's with 15 young, greenfinches 8 young down on last year!! collared Dove's 6 young, Dunnock's 4 young.alas no Bullfinches or blue - Great tits. but all in all not a bad count.
bert.

bert said:
:hi: From 6am this morning, till 7pm. As you can see i started to feed the tribe early, 1st on the scene blackie, with 6 young,- followed by starlings, my wife told me that she counted 22 young over a 1 hour period. House sparrow's with 15 young, greenfinches 8 young down on last year!! collared Dove's 6 young, Dunnock's 4 young.alas no Bullfinches or blue - Great tits. but all in all not a bad count.
bert.
Definitely nothing to sneeze at, Bert. And I'm doing lots of that with my spring allergies!! :(
I'd love to have that many bird babies in my yard! :clap:

Tammie said:
Definitely nothing to sneeze at, Bert. And I'm doing lots of that with my spring allergies!! :(
I'd love to have that many bird babies in my yard! :clap:
Hi Tammie, nice to see you posting again. hope the move went ok, hay fever i take it ? wont be long before the bird's find your new home, so plan for a good season next year.
bert.

ps. take plenty of fluids for the allergie's.B :)

bert said:
Hi Tammie, nice to see you posting again. hope the move went ok, hay fever i take it ? wont be long before the bird's find your new home, so plan for a good season next year.
bert.

ps. take plenty of fluids for the allergie's.B :)
Hi Bert, thanks for the kind comments. Hayfever is part of it... the other part is the previous owner's massively shedding dog!! This house is FULL of dog fur!! :(
The move went well, now I'm just taking a break painting. The birds actually found this place almost instantly.... purple finches, anyway. Within days, I had purples, white throated sparrows, white crowned sparrows, juncos... all kinds of goodies!! :)
I'm curious to see how things progress but must be careful. I'm already filling the feeders at least every second day, sometimes more. Can't get too carried away! ;)

Tammie said:
Hi Bert, thanks for the kind comments. Hayfever is part of it... the other part is the previous owner's massively shedding dog!! This house is FULL of dog fur!! :(
The move went well, now I'm just taking a break painting. The birds actually found this place almost instantly.... purple finches, anyway. Within days, I had purples, white throated sparrows, white crowned sparrows, juncos... all kinds of goodies!! :)
I'm curious to see how things progress but must be careful. I'm already filling the feeders at least every second day, sometimes more. Can't get too carried away! ;)[
/QUOTE]

Tammie please, purple finche's - white crowned sparrow's, junco's :news: getting a bit green with envy, gott'a go, me and the other half going to count our boring LITTLE BROWN JOB'S.
bert.:scribe:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back